Saturday, August 30, 2008

I wouldn't want you to worry

In case anyone looks at the weather report and wonders if I'm in a dangerous part of Florida, I'm not. We're getting a lot of rain from the edge of Gustav, and wind, but that's supposed to be it. We're feeling very lucky right now, and awfully sympathetic for New Orleans.

The other thing I wanted to address was a comment from Mary in Molino (who included no blog or e-mail info that I could find) on my entry on crocheting dish scrubbies. She wrote:
I crochet and knit but can't visualize. Help! on the scrubbies do you crochet with or around the net.

Thanks for asking, Mary! If you know crochet already, they should be pretty easy for you, though I know just what you mean about visualizing. Sometimes when I first read something, it makes no sense at all, then something clicks and it's like it jumps into focus: oh, that's what it means!

Anyway, all you are doing (to make the shape I make, anyway) is a rectangle of single crochet. You're using the strip of netting like it was yarn, and crocheting back and forth using single crochet stitch. I hope that helps, but feel free to e-mail me if you have further questions.

Funny story: the first time I tried to crochet anything other than the scrubbies, I was doing this because it was the only stitch I knew. Someone who actually knew how to crochet looked at my work and said, in some disbelief, "You're doing a blanket all in single crochet?" And I said yes, but I was thinking, "There's another way I could be doing it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment