Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What I've been up to

There are a couple of reasons why I didn't go to my Stitch and Bitch group last night.
  1. After a stormy day, my drive home was about half again as long as usual due to the downpours and street flooding. The SnB isn't that far from home, but I just didn't want to be on the road any more, or get soaked getting from the car inside.
  2. I knew that the cats would be clinging to the ceiling after such a stormy day, and I wanted to check on them. (Well, they wouldn't literally be on the ceiling; they'd be under the bed.) They were very jumpy and glad to see me.
  3. I foolishly left a few windows open (it wasn't even drizzling when I left for work), and I wanted to find out how bad a mistake that was.
So I didn't drive farther, comforted the cats, and was very lucky with the windows. But I didn't knit, which is bad, since I'm never going to get that baby blanket done if I don't pick it up! (At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.)

Then there's the blogging I tried to do last night. I was rather tired by the time I got to the computer, but I thought I could at least put up some photos. Blogger had other ideas, and after three strikes (otherwise known as error messages), it was out. I tried!

I was going to show you Pan:


Power napper.


Who puts up with me in his face, but only just.


And Harold in his snuggle condo:


Not the most profound blogging, but better than nothing, right?

Silly Blogger.

Silly camera, too, since today I tried to take a picture of the flowers on one of my tomato plants, and look what the camera chose to focus on?


The weeds. Oh, well. It's artistic. Or something.

There was a teeny-tiny frog in the garden today.


We had more thunder and lightning this afternoon, so no working in the garden, and I had another bad drive home, and found a traumatized cat again. Later, though, once the boomers stopped, he ventured out from under the bed.


Finally, the earrings I wore today.


Just because.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Pan, great Harold (does he channel Gene Barry's umbrella act?) and "I want a pair!" earrings.

    Perry P is not a fan of the boomers and heavy downpours either - cats have much better sense than some humans I know.

    ReplyDelete