Thursday, June 26, 2008

Going to my Happy Place

(Hint: it's warm, has sand and shells, and it makes me wish they'd get that teleporter on the market already...)

I didn't post last night because I spent my computer time finding and booking a flight to ... ta-da! Florida to spend a long weekend with my parents next month. Yay! Three days* in the sun with the 'rents pleases me greatly.

*Not counting travel time: that's three days there, airline willing.

I also didn't post last night because I was later getting home than usual, following a stint in the garden and a stop at the store. One more strip of weed-blocker remains to be done, but I'm encouraged by the progress. My little plants are growing! Sniff, they grow up so fast, don't they? And I had to buy, among other things, more weed-blocker and stakes, as I was incorrect in my previous calculations. Me and the mathiness, you know, we don't understand each other.

I was going to put in that last stint of weed-blocker-ing tonight, but of course it was raining again. While it's good for the plants, it isn't so good for me, all this rain. Fortunately, it wasn't the kind that comes with lots of boomers, the way it was on Monday and Tuesday. I really didn't enjoy those drives home. By contrast, tonight was joyful, just damp.

I picked up Doctor Who, Second Season, Disc 2 at the library. (Queen Victoria founded Torchwood? Do tell!)

I stopped at Wilson's for fresh fruit and veggies, hoping they'd have peas. See?


Not just peas: "our own peas"! See also? Two and a half pounds. Some might call that a bit much, but I called it dinner. It was fine.

Here's a gratuitous cat photo, which has nothing to do with any vague pretense at a narrative that I might be managing here.


And here is something from the grounds at work: the raspberries are reddening.


It took all I had not to pick them now, before time, because just look! Raspberries!

Finally, there are a bunch of these flowers just starting to open. I like them, and so do the bumblebees.

No comments:

Post a Comment