Monday, December 11, 2006

I love these socks

It really is the little things in life, isn't it? This weekend I got a library card for my new town, and the library is so cute! I shopped around downtown, which has some charming shops that I will so be visiting for shopping next Christmas, as well as other occasions before then. And I have found warm socks to wear to work.

I ran across them in Marshall's, and tried one pair, since $10 a pair is a lot if you end up hating them. But, really, $10 a pair isn't too bad if you love them, especially if they usually retail for around $15-20+ (these are last season's socks, my dear, if you can imagine). The ones I bought are actually ski socks, but who cares? It just means they have a little extra padding at the heel and along the front of the calf, but it's not that obvious.

The brand is Smartwool, and they're warm without being itchy, knee-high without cutting off my circulation, and they keep my feet and lower legs warm, without getting clammy (I tried a pair of fleece socks, too, and the latter is their problem). They even come in discrete colors for unobtrusiveness. I mean, I don't mind wearing ski socks to work, but I don't want to look like I'm wearing ski socks to work, if you see the fine distinction. I went to another Marshall's and bought a bunch more, to help me get through the shiver season.

I've been fighting a bit of a headache today; it ranged from 1-4 on the scale. What I wouldn't give to never have one of these again. Still, at this moment in time it's gone, and Christmas music is playing, and dinner is in the oven. Not too tough to take, is life at the moment. And what more can I ask? I will emulate my cats, and live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment