Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Feline delusion, and almost a feline incursion

To start with the second first, we almost had a neightbor's cat break in to the apartment over the weekend. Well, not break down the door, certainly, but when I opened the door to go downstairs, this little furball tried to fly past me into my condo, which of course is the home of the Two Cats Who Still Aren't Sure Why We Had To Move Anyway. While I am quite sure they would have defended their turf, the repurrcussions (sorry) make me wince. I dropped the laundry and managed to pin the intruder to the floor, then scooped him up and got us both into the hall with my door safely closed before I put him down. I knocked on my neighbor's door, and when she opened it a moment later, the cat streaked in there. I said, "I hope that was your cat," and fortunately, it was (can you imagine if it hadn't been? Because she does have a cat, so if this one had been someone else's ... ugh.) She had been doing laundry herself earlier, and had no idea her cat had managed to escape into the hall. A happy ending and a cautionary tale all in one.

The feline delusion is Pan's, all Pan's. He has become convinced, in the last year or so, that he wants to be under the covers. He has never wanted to before, and if a blanket ended up on top of him, he would come out at once, shaking his head violently: the ears, mom, don't mess with the ears! Harold loves to be under blankets, always has, and will sleep happily for hours Underneath, unless Pan comes along and steps on him, in his total unawareness that there could be someone invisible on the bed or couch. Leading to situations like this:


How many cats do you see? One, or two?

But as I say, Pan has decided this is for him. Really. Let me in, let me under. But there are problems with the execution of said plan.

1. He can't generally get in by himself. Lacking Harold's years of practice, he will paw at the edge of the blanket, over and over and over, trying to find the switch that will open sesame for him. This is less than charming behavior when I'm trying to sleep, as you may imagine.

2. His dream of comfort under blankets rarely matches reality (he really doesn't like things on his ears), so he moves around and around, trying to find the position that is comfy. This is also not so restful.

As a result, I find myself, in bed, yelling, "No in! No under!" at him. What would the neighbors think?

Finally, in unrelated news, this is a little scary. I mean, some of it doesn't make sense to me, and some of it doesn't fit me, but some of it, well. Interesting.


You are The Hermit


Prudence, Caution, Deliberation.


The Hermit points to all things hidden, such as knowledge and inspiration, hidden enemies. The illumination is from within, and retirement from participation in current events.


The Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. You do not desire to socialize; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. You prefer to take the time to think, organize, ruminate, take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent but these feelings eventually lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.


The Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment