Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Zzzz, or Brrrr, or Wait, What?

I continue to be confused about what the day of the week is; I work one Sunday and I'm all thrown off. This morning, I read about a player who would not be available for Tuesday's Bruins game, and drew a blank as to when that was going to be, before I realized, that's tonight! (Brad Marchand, who according to the coach was not injured "per se" in Saturday's game, is apparently uninjured in a way that prevents him from playing tonight. Interesting.)

Somehow it was harder to get up today than yesterday, though, and it doesn't seem like a coincidence that I saw this on Facebook this morning.
I was also more sore and achy than I was yesterday. It's not like I did a ton of standing or walking Monday, so I don't know why that got worse. Aging, man. Full of fun. Still, I wasn't quite as dead-tired at work today as I was yesterday, when I thought I would nod off mid-afternoon.

In addition to the day confusion, I have season confusion, as no matter what the calendar says, today is winter. No, fortunately not like a lot of places are getting now (wall of snow, really, Buffalo? Be sure to scroll down and look at all the pictures there), but it is C-O-L-D COLD out there, with the bitterness of wind chill factor that I haven't yet felt this season. I didn't miss it.

In other words, I may not wait for Santa: I think I'm going to need this shirt from LL Bean before then. I can't imagine why Bean is advertising a fleece-lined flannel shirt on my Facebook page, can you? I may also need some fleece-lined jeans ... time to shop, I think. Not tonight, but soon. Brrrrr.

1 comment:

  1. I had to bust out my winter coat to walk to work! And you know me, I don't mind the cold!

    ReplyDelete