Friday, November 07, 2014

Just Ugh

I feel like shit.

The cramps were so bad today that they were distracting*; this level of "discomfort" is the reason I went on the pill in the first place, back in the day, and the kind of pill I used to be on helped with that a lot.
*Seriously, with the amount of codeine I took in, I shouldn't have been doing Lamaze breathing through the day.

Now that I'm on the new pill (did I mention this? my GYN retired last year, and the new one wouldn't give me the same kind of pill, because of my age + migraines + blood pressure), it doesn't seem to help as much, plus the predictability (my second-favorite thing about being on the pill) has been lacking. On the old pill, my period started on day 25 or 26, no exceptions. In the three months I've been on the new pill, my period has started on day 26, 29, and 23. This is not acceptable.

Please excuse me now; I have a "hot" date with a heating pad. Urgh...

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if your doctor would give you a Mirena IUD? They're supposed to help a lot with that sort of monthly woes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so so sorry that you're dealing with this. The best thing that has ever happened to me was meeting a doctor who said, "Are the cramps affecting your life? Are you done with babies? Then let's consider a hysterectomy." I hope you find relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what Mary Ellen says about the Mirena IUD (which has added hormones) - I am on my second one (the hormone element lasts around 5 years) and the bleeding is not only predictable but also largely absent!

    ReplyDelete