Friday, November 28, 2014

Running Some Thanks By You

From Sandra Boynton's Facebook page, yesterday:


Right?

There was a moment mid-day today when I realized that I'd been off work for two and a half days, and there was another two and a half days before I have to go back to work. What a treat! Add that to the list of things to be thankful for.

And that's a long list.
  • I'm thankful for "basic" things like food and a roof over my head and heat and power. 
  • And speaking of food, I'm especially thankful for Thanksgiving reruns today. Turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and angel salad! (I wish I'd thought to buy cider, though. I may have to go out tomorrow for that.)
  • For friends and family and no big losses this year. 
  • Also for a better job than this time last year, my goodness. 
  • For enough money to pay the bills and still buy some treats. Yarn and books and chocolate keep a girl sane. Or closer to sane, anyway.
  • For time to knit. And read. And watch hockey.
  • For two cats who aren't friends but can at least live in the same house without fur flying. And who purr, at least separately.
  • For not having to do any shopping today, other than for cat food and litter (and for a PetSmart store that isn't in a crazy parking lot, so that I *could* go today without going crazy).
  • Even for in-building laundry machines! (I have to go fold towels soon.)
And much more. It wouldn't be me if I didn't have some complaints, of course. Winter's barely started and I hate it so, so much. I had to clean snow off my car yesterday and again today, and I get all hot under my coat while my face flash-freezes, and wow, get ready for some complaining this winter. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

But today, that's only a passing thought. Like my bitterness at the NHL for allowing NBC to bully them out of the Bruins having their traditional day-after-Thanksgiving matinee (so that all eyes would be on the Rangers game that NBC showed this afternoon; my eyes were elsewhere, so there). They play tonight, and if they win I will forget the grave insult.

Go, Bruins! Go, thankfulness!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to be home, about to crawl into my own bed. And I am thankful for good friends like you. :-)

    ReplyDelete