Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Bonus! "Snow" Day

At work on Tuesday, we were told that the office would close at 1:30 Wednesday for the holiday, which sounded nice to me! Last night, as I was on the exercise bike*, my phone rang, and it was the boss's exec calling to let me know that because of the incoming storm (which was forecast to be rain in the morning but turn to snow midday), the boss decided to close the office for the day. Surprise!
*I like to think it was a karmic reward for exercising.

The storm, by the way, has been mostly sleet here so far. It was rain until maybe two before switching over, but by the map I've been right on the snow-sleet line ever since. Who knows what will happen overnight.

So instead of getting to bed early, and going to work half a day, I stayed up late, slept late, and have had a pretty damn good day. I did some lazing around, some getting-things-done, and now the angel salad is done and in the fridge, most of the dishes are done, and I need to do the rest, plus more biking  (albeit gently, as I have a sore muscle in my leg that I don't want to exacerbate) and who knows what else. I watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special on the iPad while I made the angel salad, so I don't have to suffer through the commercials tonight, and it leaves me free as a bird. Off to be thankful! I've put this one up before, I know, but anyway.
(Not one of my cats, but it reminds me so much of Harold...)

No comments:

Post a Comment