Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Tuesday Be Mondaying

My Monday was not actually a horrible day this week, but today was kind of ugh. I have some grumbles to get out of my system.

  • To start, I had to do fasting bloodwork for a doctor's appointment next week, and I hate fasting.
  • So I had to be dressed and out earlier than I like to be even semi-functional.
  • Stairs.
  • Started raining on the drive there.
  • Turns out that this lab is no longer on the list that my insurance covers 100%, as it has in the past, so I have to pay a chunk of that. (I was not going to try to figure out where is covered, and get an appointment and fast again, all ahead of next week, but I'll look into it for next time.)(I looked it up, and it says it's still a preferred lab, so I'll have to wait and see what the EOB ends up saying.)
  • My favorite bakery, which is where I usually run in after these things to get a "congrats for doing the thing" treat, is closed for vacation. I went somewhere else, but their caramel latte wasn't as good.
  • Drove home and climbed the stairs in the pouring rain, accompanied by thunder and lightning. (Not actually being rained on on the stairs, but the stairways are open air, so there's some dampness there.)
  • In addition to drinking water this morning (to be ready for the urine sample), having blood drawn has made me thirsty, so I keep drinking more and more water. At this point I feel like I'm going to the bathroom every ten minutes.
  • Also my stomach has been upset alllllll day, which does happen to me sometimes, so it may not be caused by the fasting, but who knows.
  • And the rain and overall ick of weather is made sadder by the fact that on Sunday, for the first time in months, the weather was cool/dry enough that we turned off the AC and had the windows open all day, which was fabulous, and then for most of Monday as well. I want it back! Unfortunately, this was Faux Fall, and we're back to summer weather.


Oh well. I'll surely be complaining about being cold when I'm in NY in 10 days, so there's that.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to have it done and over with. Meantime, Real Fall is coming! (Typed on an 87F day here after a 70F day and the rest of the week will be 80s too and I protest. I want my Fall back, too. It's coming...)

    ReplyDelete