Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Looking for Advice on....

Hi there, how would you like to be the expert today? I have a couple of random things to ask about, in hopes that one of you lovely readers will have answers.

1. Compression socks. First part of the question is do you use them, do you swear by them? I don't have a diagnosed condition that recommends them, but was wondering if they were a good idea for flying anyway. And if you do recommend them, what about material? I see both cotton and bamboo in a quick search. Also also, if you have a brand recommendation for people (women?) with large calves, I'd take that.

2. Jigsaw puzzle games for iPad that are not ad-forcing. I play a variety of games on my iPad, and with almost all of them, if an ad pops up that isn't the one-touch-X to close, I can close the game and reopen it, and it will open to the new game/level and let me play. But I've been trying a jigsaw puzzle one lately, and if I close the game and reopen it, I'm back to square one. The only way to get to a game is to wait out the ad, and with some of them, you have to close it four times before it's done. Do you know of any that don't so that?

This is actually the second jigsaw game I've tried. The first one interrupted a puzzle to play an ad, and then did it again during the same puzzle, and no, sir, we're not doing that. This one, Jigsawscapes, doesn't do that, but I hate having to sit through the kind of ad where you have to close it 4 different times, and sometimes the tiny X is very finicky and you have to hit it juuuusssst right or it opens the browser to try to sell you something.

3. There was a third thing. What was it? Damn it, menopause brain is a thing, y'all. Well, if you want to give random advice, now is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment