Friday, October 02, 2026

A Few Fun Things I have Bought Recently

1. This absolutely adorable kitty snout cup (from Curiosibee Ceramics), which I love. The details!




2. When this photo came up in my FB memories from three years ago recently, I decided that I wanted it on a canvas wrap, so that I see it more than once a year. For now, it's leaning against the wall atop a bookcase, but I'll probably put it up on the wall once I've decided exactly where I want it.


Hot tip for canvas wraps: there are regularly offers on Groupon that bring the cost down considerably. I bought the Groupon on a sale day, bringing the total from $7 down to $5.60. The cost for this order from Discounted Canvas was $17.36, which included tax, $14.50 for shipping, and $1.99 for the sawtooth mount on the back. Right now the website prices the 16x12 size at $89 plus shipping, so twenty-three bucks is a good price to me.

3. Water bottle! I appreciated the comments on my water bottle post, and did some looking around at various types. After a bit of that, I felt myself falling into decision paralysis, so I picked one (an Owala) and bought it. Boom, done. It has been acquired, stickers have been stuck on it, and I like it.



If anyone is interested in the specific features of this bottle, let me know, and I can answer that...sometime.

Reminder of the other bottles I have:
Kind of funny that Owala decided this size is a kids bottle.

See the white text at the bottom? "Your kid's gonna love me." Nothing especially kid-like about it, but I guess it's just the size.

It's Friday, and I don't leave until Thursday for my long weekend visiting my aunt, so I will probably be posting here again before I go. But if not, just send fond thoughts to me as I run around like that proverbial headless chicken, getting ready.

I wonder how the headless chicken would do on the stairs? Possibly better than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment