Monday, October 09, 2023

Happy Birthday to Me

I mentioned in my happy things post the other day that I got myself a birthday present, which was this Evita XL project box, which I read about on Knitty.

Coke can for scale.
You take the top off:
And when you loosen the cord, it opens up like the petals of a flower.
Lots of pockets inside.

My only quibble with the Knitty review is where they said it "has that fantastic leather smell." I do happen to like the smell of leather, but I can imagine there are plenty of people who don't, and not to be overly politically correct, but I think they ought to have considered that. Ah well.

I got it from Universal Yarn, and it was a bit of a splurge, so I was happy that they offered 10% off as a new customer. Send me emails if you want, to save me $19.50! And free shipping, thank you.

New toy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cool! And happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's snazzy! I don't knit, but think it would be wonderful for carting around all sorts of things.
    I also happen to like the smell of leather, but it can be overpowering!
    And look at all that beautiful yarn inside already. Such happy/beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday C! What a great looking bag that is, and how handy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! That is such a fun and useful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fun bag. I think if someone doesn't like leather or is vegan or whatever, they should probably consider an alternative bag! The leather MAKES IT!

    ReplyDelete