Thursday, September 07, 2023

Yarn and More Yarn (and more, and more)

I mentioned a month ago that I had bought some yarn just before Mom fell, and how nice it was to have that cheerful thing amidst all the chaos. And I also mentioned, back in July, that Blue Barn Fiber was having a pre-moving sale, with really good prices.

The sale continued through August, and the yarn shopping continued---a lot of it from Blue Barn, some from other dyers or a yarn shop sale. Turns out that having something to look forward to, in the lovely-squishy-mail sense, has been a major coping strategy for me.

So. Here's some yarn. Well, first, a sticker:

Right? Now the yarn.







This one is a long gradient, by the way; it knits up like this:




I do have one more order on the way, so there's this, too:


7 comments:

  1. Oh, those are gorgeous! And I guffawed at the emotional support yarn stash thing because oh man is that ever true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful. I'm jealous. I have my own Emotional Support Yarn Stash, and my husband doesn't get it, but he doesn't say anything.

    Good man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is smart of him! I saw something recently that said something like "people with large yarn stashes live longer than people who comment on them."

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy the stashes that people have for their various hobbies. My fabric stash is something to behold, so I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! You are making me miss knitting. I used to knit a lot before I had kids. I need to pull some yarn back out this fall and work on a small project when I watch tv with my husband in the evening. It's such a soothing hobby! I really love that gradient yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so soothing--and honestly, just looking through my stash can be soothing, too. So much potential in there.

      Delete