Saturday, September 30, 2023

Mom ... is not so fine

So, my mother was home from rehab for less than a week and she fell. She's back in the hospital, and the current thought is she'll be having surgery on it tomorrow, then presumably back to rehab to recover from it. I hope this time Medicare lets her stay in long enough to be able to come home safely! I really blame them for deciding that she wasn't making enough progress in rehab and sending her home when she still wasn't supposed to put weight on her leg--how did they think that would go?

Deeeeeep breath. Anyway! We are hanging in there and all that, but I'm a little busy with everything, so the blog silence may continue for a while. Or I may be back tomorrow. There's really no knowing.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry. Take all the time you need or want, both of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! How awful for you, C, and of course for your mom. And you're right, what did they think was going to happen, sending someone home too soon? Oh, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope she's on the mend soon; and that they give her the time to mend fully this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand Medicare's logic any more than you do. I certainly hope for a good outcome from this surgery. This has been a lot for both of you. Take care and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so scary. I am so sorry your mom is dealing with Medicare awfulness on top of her surgery. That's not fair. I really hope this time she can recover steadily and fully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear this! And yeah, it's frustrating when you can't get the proper care for an aging parent (or any other loved one, for that matter).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. I have heard that medicare is very loosey goosey about sending patients home to minimize medical costs... which can then result in MORE medical costs and injuries, etc. :(

    ReplyDelete