Thursday, August 31, 2023

July and August Movie Ratings

When I did these last, for June, I was thinking that once a month would be a good frequency to do them, but of course at the end of July, Mom was in the hospital and everything kind of went kerflooey. 

But the rules are my own and can be modified with no penalties, so here we have the humorous movie ratings from the Boston Globe that caught my eye in July and August.

My goodness! 
But it's Irish--that's culture, right?
Punny!
We all did that, right?
More wordplay, I love to see it. I noticed more detail about it in the body of the review, too:
Ouch.
I don't want to know, I don't want to know.
But only most of them.
Again with the good plays on words.
Alliteration for the win. Well, not a win at one and a half star, but winning wordplay.
Again, it's a learning experience.
She smoked, it's a fact, and they show her smoking, but let's not, what, encourage smoking? Funny.

Have you seen any of these? Do the ratings make you want to see them?

3 comments:

  1. Lol on Barbie and Oppenheimer sex scenes! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. What a dig on Nolan. I hypothesize that he's a machine and that's why he doesn't understand the hows or whys of sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any of these, but I wish I could ask my late uncle his opinion on Oppenheimer--given that he was one of Oppenheimer's men.

    ReplyDelete