Thursday, December 31, 2020

Bits at the End of the Year

I've been on vacation for a week now, and it's been marvelous. I'm not sure when I last had this much time off from work without any travel, and it's so relaxing.

Well, I did go up to town yesterday to meet a few friends for outdoor-lunch-and-knitting.

The sun wasn't out for long, so this makes it seem nicer weather than it was. There was a huge hanging plant overhead, fortunately seeming very secure on a massive chain.
It was grand to be out and see a few faces. Also got a lot of knitting done. Bruins socks!

Tonight on zoom knitting, I got past the heel. Not bad, considering I started it on Monday.

I came in from an errand the other day to an ibis welcoming committee. I love seeing them around. 

I had a gift card from my birthday, and one of the things I bought was this book, which I finished reading today. Wacky and hilarious; I highly recommend it.
Maggie would like to know why you are upside down.
I mentioned that I ordered the Bruins calendar and got this instead:
I'm happy to say that take 2 was more successful.
And I can have my Bruins on the wall again. Though now that Chara has moved on*, that's going to be one weird month to get through. He was a Bruin for 14 years, so I kind of forget what the team was like before.
*Not that I'm blaming him at all! The team wasn't willing to commit to giving him the minutes he wanted, and Washington is lucky to get him, even at the old-for-the-NHL-age that he is.

It seems fitting to end with this.

Happy new year, or at least goodbye and good riddance to this year. Hopefully 2021 will just keep getting better.

1 comment:

  1. Maggie made me laugh!

    The hanging plant overhead reminded me we had an earthquake today. Just a cute little one.

    That knitting is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete