Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas Adam, and Vacation At Last

Off work until January 4!

I was originally taking this much time off over the holidays for my brother's visit, and of course he isn't coming now, but inasmuch as that is true, and sad, I am still mightily relieved for vacation to be here. What a year it's been! And what a month for work December has been. It's going to be grand to really disengage from that. I'm not sure, honestly, if I've ever had this much time off without travel involved (or being laid off, of course, but that's different).

Not only was today my last work day before vacation, but my boss told me to take off early. I did finish up what I was working on, as I was close enough to done with it that I didn't want to have to pick it up again in January for the sake of an hour's work, but I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the sunshine, starting to relax.

It was grand. Happy holidays.

1 comment: