Saturday, January 02, 2021

What I've Done on My Winter Vacation

No alarm clocks. As much sleeping in as cat and biology would allow. Staying up late without paying for it the next morning.

Lots of relaxing. Days of not getting much done, peacefully.

Lots of cat lap time with sweet Maggie.

Watching hockey, real live hockey on TV. The NHL isn't back up yet, but the World Juniors has been on for the last week, and watching actual hockey has been great fun.

Knitting.

Meeting for lunch on a weekday.

Reading; tons and tons of reading. Unabashedly pushing, as I mentioned before, Jonas Jonasson's The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (Amazon link), which I and then my mother loved.

It was his first novel, but it turns out he has since written more, which I have requested from the library--and the movie of this one! There was a movie! How did I miss that title, five years ago?

Anyway. Vacation. It has been marvelous, and if my dad wants to pull some strings from the afterlife and send a winning lottery ticket so I can quit working, now would be an excellent time for that, dad. Just saying. I'm rested and refreshed, and yet still not excited for work on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I hope today's a good day at work. I imagine everybody else is wanting to still be on vacation another day, themselves.

    ReplyDelete