Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Preparing for the Night

I have no intention of staying up for any (very, very preliminary) election results (we will not know anything for sure tonight, really), but I am stressed out anyway, so I have some plans for the evening. Herewith the spread:

Though my mother got donuts this morning, so the brownies will probably wait for another day.

The book (lower left) is Hollowpox, and it arrived yesterday, aka just in time to be a perfect distraction, assuming I can summon any concentration. It's the third in the series, following Nevermoor (which I loved and wrote about here) and Wundersmith (which I also loved), and as I wrote in September, I didn't just order the book, but the Owlcrate Jr Hollowpox Box. Thus:
And thus:
And they were not kidding! Opening the items was truly thrilling: so many things, so well curated to the series!
The overview:
The three books together, with the Wunsoc pin:
And the pin with its brethren, in my little pin display.

One of the items is this bag, charmingly illustrated with the interior of Hometrain, and I was initially a little puzzled, since it doesn't have a drawstring or any closure. 

Then I realized that the book fits in it. Neat!
Perfect for use as a bookmark is this card of the cover:
With a welcome note on the back:
Oh, and the book is signed!
There's a Wunsoc school banner.
A card with Morrigan's 'song' (if that's what you want to call it) that was very hard to photograph due to its shiny nature.
A "Step Boldly" sticker:
A booklet:
With various things inside including an author interview.
Trading cards!
One for each of Unit 919.

And finally, not a bath bomb but a shower steamer, in homage to the Smoking Parlor in the Hotel Deucalion. Perfect tie-in!
Though I'm not honestly that fond of peach, so I probably won't use it. But I adore the concept!
This entire experience was wonderful--wunder-full!-- and worth every penny. I highly recommend.

2 comments: