Saturday, October 31, 2020

Long Live the Sandals

Living in Florida, I wear sandals a lot more than I did in New England (duh). I bought a pair after moving down here that died this summer, and I really wanted to replace them, but I have a long, picky list of exactly what I wanted:

  • Slides, so I can just step into them
  • But some arch support/contour to the foot bed, so they don't slide off too easily
  • Nothing between the toes (I get blisters way too easily)
  • Low heels
  • Decent grip to the soles

I think that was it! And I was out a few weeks ago and did some looking around, and not at all to my surprise, couldn't find a thing, in my size, that fit all that. I got to thinking about how what I really wanted was just the same ones I had had, but I wasn't even sure what brand they were, and it occurred to me to search Ye Olde Blogge here and see if I had a helpful picture.

And ta da. Kitten-visiting, kittens attack feet, ccr slides sandals off so kittens can attack sandals, and there's the picture. Blogging for the win again.

I zoomed in on the photo and said (imagine puzzled voice), "Rock & Candy? Is that what that says?" But I searched the google, and indeed, that's a brand that makes sandals. Some more searching around, and I found, not just the brand, not just that style (Caragan Cross Band Slide Sandal), but a pair of that style, brand new, in my size that had JUST been listed on Poshmark. Boom! Sold! I had never ordered from Poshmark before, but I'd heard of it, and considered that vouchsafe enough for my comfort.

They arrived on Monday, in the mail along with All The Yarn, and I could not be more pleased. Little victories, y'all. Little victories.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!

    The daughter of a friend whom I've known since she was a toddler works as a model. Some of the gigs, they pay the models by giving them the clothes they're modeling in, since they're now technically "used," so that they can sell them on Poshmark if they so desire. The mom vouched for Poshmark, which I'd never heard of.

    On a side note: Birkenstock is trying hard to look a bit more modern while still having the arch support etc etc, in case that's of any interest. I have boots that my daughter quite admired (and was a little stunned when I told her they were Birkenstocks. Because she thought they were so stylish.)

    ReplyDelete