Thursday, November 19, 2020

Pictures! A Yarn Issue

I'm glad that photos are working on Blogger again! I don't have time/energy to do the car show tonight, but let me throw this little yarn situation up to show you.

I placed a Knitpicks order last week during their big sale, and one of the yarns I got was a ball of Chroma Fingering, in the colorway Vermont. I was a little surprised by what I got. It didn't grab me, you know? 

I suppose that your monitor may differ from mine, but that's quite different from what they showed on their website.

I looked on Ravelry, and there are a whole bunch of people whose Vermonts look like this:

Which is more what I was imagining! Now, I'm not complaining; I recognize the risks of ordering online, and especially at half off, this isn't going to break the bank or anything. But it's odd, don't you think, that they would have changed the colorway so much?

1 comment:

  1. The swatch picture to me looks like halfway between the two--but the two skeins look way far apart.

    My then-LYS discontinued all their Cascade yarns after the company moved operations to China: they showed me two skeins further apart than those two that were supposed to not only be the same color way, they were supposed to be the same dye lot and they could in no way be used together. Very bright and very faded and gray. Quality control, folks.

    I'm curious to know where Knitpicks sourced theirs.

    ReplyDelete