Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Almost Done: Practically Wrapping up the Hawaii Trip

I think I mentioned that in order to take a long enough trip to be worth the distance, without using up all my vacation time for the year in January, I brought my work computer along and worked three of the days I was there (Tues/Wed/Thurs). As it happened, my aunt had a mild cold at the same time, so we were pretty quiet those days.

I did get some funny photos of things seen in the drug store. These snacks caught my eye for being unfamiliar.
Oh, of course, "Potato Stick Wrapped in Seaweed Original Flavour" it is.
And then, of course, "Fried Shrimp with Salad Cream Flavour" and "Hot Chili Squid Flavour" (you know I didn't try them).
I also liked this aisle sign.
Because of course those go together.

We ate dinner in on Tuesday, but Wednesday night we went out, to a restaurant called Sam Choy's, which is up a bit and has a nice view over the water.
The sunset was a good one, and I can finally say I've seen the green flash! It's not that I didn't believe in it, but I didn't really think I'd ever see it.
I didn't get a photo of it; shortly after taking this one, I looked up to see that there was a tiny bit of sun still showing, stood up to get a picture of it, and poof! Green flash and it was gone. Wild.

On Thursday night, we went down Ali'i Drive to eat dinner closer to the water. We walked down and around the corner so I could get a photo of a place we were not going to eat.
Quinn's Almost by the Sea; I love it.

I got a few other photos as well. What's that up the driveway?
Oh, look at the old car peeking out! So neat.





No offense to Quinn's, but we were actually eating here:
Which looked like this inside:
And was what you might call casual fine dining. I mean, it wasn't too-too fancy, but the food and service were both spectacular. I would happily eat there again--you know, if I were going back to Hawaii.
And in addition to what was inside, the view over the water was great, and we got to watch the rowers.





Just one post to go! The last day needs its own time. You're almost there!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Monterey, CA before I saw the Kona, Hawaii. Hey. I'll have to check the place out next time we go to the Aquarium, if you recommend them.

    ReplyDelete