Monday, December 09, 2019

Gone Over"board"

Ten days ago, I saw that the NHL shop was having a sale, and spent some time (on the couch, probably watching a hockey game) poking around the site to see what might appeal to me. There were a lot of "love it but don't need it" items, as well as a few truly puzzling ones.

I mean:
The mind boggles. And that wasn't the only deeply weird one.

However, in the end I decided to honor my new-ish Florida lifestyle, and ordered shorts.

Silly, but amusing.

So, that was Saturday night, November 30th, and on Monday 12/2, I got an email that they had shipped, and would arrive in about a week. Sounds good, right?

Well, the same day, the emails started. And while I understand that ordering from them (though it wasn't my first time ordering) could place me square on their email marketing list, I can't help feeling that two or three emails a day cross a line.

Yes, since I placed the order, and before the package was delivered (it came this afternoon), I received 20 marketing emails. Which is simply batshit insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment