Monday, December 02, 2019

Ugh, Red Tide

As I mentioned over a month ago, after I returned from my trip in October, I no sooner got back than I was dealing with a crud of congestion/cough/exhaustion that was probably due to red tide. While it eventually stopped being quite as debilitating, it hasn't really gone away in the six weeks since I got home, and it's been tiresome.

Interestingly, on Friday we took a sunset boat tour (many, many pictures to come), and at one point everyone on the boat started to cough--about three dozen people, all doing the ahem-ahem-ahem I've been doing! The guide said that it was because of the direction of the wind off the bay, blowing the red tide in, and it happened a few more times. At least it made me feel like I wasn't the only one dealing with the crud!

The latest report for southwest Florida shows some high concentrations are still around, and I can vouch for that. I spent a fair amount of time yesterday sitting on the lanai, enjoying the nice weather, but by around 8 last night, I was sagging on the couch, feeling progressively worse, and all today, I've felt like crap. Coughing, sneezing, runny nose, and just utterly dragging. No fun at all. I hope this outbreak breaks up soon.

1 comment:

  1. Huh. I would never have thought. Curious--and sorry you're having to deal with that.

    Add tidal conditions to fire burns for air contamination. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete