Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Look Away From the Grey. Tulips!

After work today, I had to run over to the library to return some books and pick up one on hold. I live about a mile and a half from the library, and you can imagine it being a pleasant walk on this spring afternoon, admiring the flowers springing up.

And imagining is what it would be, since it was 45 and raining out. I drove. I did still notice and appreciate some flowers and flowering trees, but it wasn't the same. They say the weather will be a bit warmer next week, 60 at least, but I don't know. Much like last winter, when I reached a point where I couldn't believe it would end, I can't see my way out of this chilly grey funk. In theory, yes, but not really.

I'm really glad that I've had the tulips this week, as their pretty colors cheer me up momentarily, at least. Let me close with some of the many pictures of them I have taken. Wait, first Carlos, so he doesn't get lost in the flowers. I had to catch a shot of him, napping with his chin on his back paw the other day.
He wasn't thrilled to be disturbed.
But he quickly recovered.
And then the tulips. You can see why they're cheering me up this week, right?


























1 comment:

  1. I like how your flowers are all checking out the neighborhood from your window. Like Carlos, but more colorful. Happy colors, indeed!

    ReplyDelete