Monday, December 28, 2015

Winter Should Be a Four-Letter Word (and Snow Is)

All last week, while I was enjoying the record warmth in SW Florida (bare feet! no long sleeves! pool and beach!), I was reading about how mild it was back home. So pleasant! Warm! No snow! And I said, that's very nice, and long may it last.

But of course it has not. Today's high may have gone above freezing, I'm not sure, but it's below freezing now, and do you know what we have tonight? A winter weather advisory. Specifically:
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF ONE HALF TO TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE. ICE ACCRETION OF UP TO ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH IS ALSO POSSIBLE ACROSS NORTHERN CONNECTICUT AND PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS.
Great.

Mind you, I am very pleased that I don't have to leave the house in the morning, when the commute is supposed to be particularly bad. But even if I don't have to go out in it, I find it depressing. And I want to go to swimming tomorrow night, but that will  be very much Weather Permitting.

Sigh. A week ago, I was here:
And enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment