Sunday, November 22, 2015

I Hate Computers; I Hate Technology.

Why is it so much easier to dwell on what doesn't work than what does? Is it human nature?

Yesterday I installed the new modem that the cable company sent me. It was neither painless nor agonizing, but with work and only a few tears, I got two computers, two tablets, the TV, and the printer to acknowledge the change.

Then I took the laptop to work on the couch with the Bruins game on in the background, and while it obliged me by maintaining the connection (wouldn't it be nice if that lasted), I tried to print something and it informed me that the printer was offline.

Which it was not.

And I know it wasn't, not only because the printer claimed it was fine, but because when I cranked up the old computer, it was slow, but printed without a hiccup.

I swear, I did get the new laptop to print at one point, but lately it's been giving me this shit, and I don't even want to deal with it. Just work, already.

Then just now, I loaded some photos off the computer onto the camera, and some of them needed to be rotated so I did that, and saved. Then I went to put new pictures of the shawl on my project page on Ravelry, where the pictures show up unrotated. It did the same here, and though I was able to make it rotate (and went back to Rav and did the same there), I'm still ticked off about the whole thing. Why does technology have to be this way?

The shawl is coming nicely, by the way, speaking of it,
That's half of it, stretched out to show the pattern. I'm over half done, by the yarn I have left, and since the pattern says that the edging takes a lot of yarn, this may be my last pattern repeat. We'll see. I quite like the pattern.
In other pictures, I promised to show you the two new sets of flannel sheets I got recently, so here they are:
Apparently I really like snowflakes--as long as they are soft and warm.

Now, for the grand finish, how about some cat photos? Miss Belmont, awake for once (in a photo, that is).
I had lunch on Friday with someone from my old job, catching up (she just got a fabulous new job, I'm so happy for her), and she said she knew someone she could ask about taking Belmont, but since I haven't heard back, I am trying to dial down my hopes. Which is hard.

And here's the view I get of His Lordship most days, while I am eating my lunch.
I just thought I would sit here, in case there was something for me. Doesn't have to be your foods. I know you has the treats up there. Just saying.

3 comments:

  1. I think if we didn't "need" computers so much, they wouldn't drive us so crazy. Hope the adjustment period ends soon for you.

    Your kitties are sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computers are my job, basically IT related, and I know what you mean. They are useful tools but, man, what a pain they can be. I don't want to have to work so hard to get the basics working. I've made my husband the computer support at home since I'm just DONE with them after dealing with it all day.

    ReplyDelete