Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Challenge. Sigh.

I went to see a new doctor today, and one of the things that came out of it is that she's challenging me to find a way to exercise for an hour every week. We went over the many forms of exercise I've tried and hated, and I mentioned that when I tried the swimming for a few weeks this summer, I didn't hate it as much*, just found the logistics such a challenge.
*She seemed to find me pretty amusing.

So maybe I can find a way to manage that. I am looking at gyms with pools, and schedules, and costs, and sighing a lot. The nearest one to me does not seem to have any swim classes in the evenings, and I really did like the low-impact water aerobics more than lap swimming. It looks like another one does have a class Tuesday evenings; I guess I should go take a look at it. Sigh.

The idea of paying $40 a month, plus $50 a year ... it's not that I can't afford it, but man, that is not what I want to spend my money on. Yarn, books, chocolate ...

No comments:

Post a Comment