Friday, August 28, 2015

The Evolving Desk Set-Up

It hasn't been a bad week, as far as returning to work after so long could have been, but I was ready for today to end before it did. Kinda tired, here.

It may be that when I got to work last night on moving things around in the office, I overdid it a little, but while it isn't completely done, I did reach a point where I had to keep going in order to make the space usable for today. Which I did, though things will continue to change as I go, I'm sure. This morning, I had this:

You might notice that the drawers are not in the desk. That is because they were still on the living room floor.
Making use of my resources! They are back in now, files in cabinet and drawers in desk; I was motivated to move them pretty quickly, as I have friends coming over on Sunday, and this did not, I think, add to the ambiance. Plus I need to vacuum.

I moved things around a bit during the day, like putting the stack-able organizer over to the left, where it doesn't cast a major shadow from the lamp, which also made room to work with. Or, you know, for my sidekick.
She came and just sat next to it for quite a long time this morning, zoning out as she is wont to do, and then decided that curling up was called for. Zzzzz for hours, stirring occasionally, and getting up once or twice to turn around and settle down the other way. Tough life. At the end of the work day, she came wandering out to the living room all, "Hey, you moved," and curled up on the back of the sofa to continue napping. Tough, tough life.

But back to the office. I may have to replace the rug with one that's more square. In the new situation, this one only kinds-sorta fits the floor space around all the obstacles, it isn't quite covering the area I want it to, and when I move, it's easy for things to slip around. We'll see.

Want to see something else? I got a new water bottle. I know, who cares, right? Well, it is both functional (Tervis) and cute.
And it was on sale. Trifecta!

3 comments:

  1. I must say that the office area is becoming quite professional. You're doing an admirable job. It's become obvious that Belmont was just waiting for you to realize she's an "office cat" and that stationery box has become an essential part of your office equipment.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that water bottle. Where did you get it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat as desk accessory. I like it.

    ReplyDelete