Sunday, August 03, 2014

Lookit the Pictures

It's been a busy weekend, and I'm pooped. I just got in from a (voluntary) work-related happy hour, I need to fold the towels that came out of the dryer before I left, I haven't even read half of today's paper, and I have to be at work earlier than usual tomorrow, and and and. I really have to get ready for bed.

But let's have a few pictures, at least. One of my co-workers shared a box of Jane Austen quote postcards for cube-decorating purposes. I really loved this one: 
But it seemed impolitic in a still-new job, so I took this one instead.
Seen in the home improvement store where I got my plant stand and little desk lamp:
Methinks someone does not understand what "solid" means, or perhaps "gel".

My new lamp, by the way, was apparently inspected by Patrice Bergeron. So that's what he does in the off-season!
I have a new shirt, courtesy of someone who went to a veterinary conference.
As I was putting up more things on my walls at work, I found myself with an empty spot that was bothering me; I wouldn't call the decorating final, but this was kind of an obvious void. I decided to print out some of my favorite quotations, and the variety I came up with amused me.
If you click on it, it should be easier to read, but we have:
  • Louisa May Alcott
  • Jane Austen
  • Douglas Adams
  • Wayne Gretzky
  • Cicero
  • my brother
  • Doctor Who
  • and a variant on Sir Mix-a-lot
If we go on the theory that what people put up on their walls shows something about them, then just that one page says a lot, don't you think?

Finally, I saw this on the road recently. What would you say is missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment