Tuesday, August 19, 2014

​I'm Back!

Yeah, I had a headache most of Sunday and Monday. It went up and down on Sunday, varying between "well, I'm capable of cutting my fingernails, I guess, or I could sort through these papers" and "owww, why is this happening to meeeee?" levels. Monday it was more steady, but unfortunately annoying enough that I couldn't go in to work; my job requires a minimal level of brain capacity that I just didn't reach, much as I hate that.

Here's an example of how out of it I was: I was sitting on the couch with Belmont, and she stood up and expressed an interest in my glass of water. I sat there and watched her drink out of my water glass; by the time it occurred to me to try to stop her, it was too late. (And then I got up, put that glass in the dishwasher, and got myself a clean glass. I wasn't THAT out of it, fortunately.)

By evening, I was feeling somewhat better, enough that I could go to stitch and bitch, eat something resembling real food, and think about something other than my head for whole minutes at a time. It was good. And I went to bed on the early side, which probably helped too.

Today I felt tender but much better. Nothing like a migraine episode to make me grateful to be able to go to work! Though Carlos would have preferred that I stay home. He does not understand the relationship between going to work and bringing home cat food.

Speaking of whom, someone is calling me.
 Where iz my mama?

1 comment: