Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pretty Random

My boss puzzles me. She told me recently that she didn't think I should work from home all the time because I don't live far enough away, but then she tells me on Monday that I can work from home Tuesday if my back is bothering me, and again today*. So I did, of course, because I like working from home, and at the end of today, she said, "Just let me know if you want to work at home tomorrow and/or Friday.  I may work at home on Friday myself.  Believe me, there’s nothing exciting going on around here, although maybe one of these days, Prince Charming will walk through the door." Um, okay? I mean, it's nice, of course, and the Prince Charming line is actually kind of funny, but mixed messages.
*It's doing better today, though not 100%.

I actually am going to go in tomorrow, mostly because I want to water my plant before I go away, but I'll happily work from home Friday, and use the commute time to start packing. Though I'll have to go out for the doctor's appointment I have after work ... but no big deal. I went out tonight and ran some errands. It was kind of nice not to deal with rush hour getting to them.

Sorry, I'm just kind of thinking out loud here. That's kind of what blogging is, sometimes anyway. Or not; your mileage may vary.

Speaking of mixed messages, I have two things to get done tonight, one involving the bike and the other ice cream. I know, I know, but these killer winter blahs plus PMS demands ice cream. At least I'm doing the bike, too.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you're getting to work from home. It's puzzling but take what you can get. How many days until Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of ice cream does the bike like?

    ReplyDelete