Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Working, With Cats

As a person with cats, I used to wonder whether working from home would be like this:
But this has not proven to be the case. Sure, the cats can be interested in what I'm doing, and how they can help, but generally when nap attacks strike, they are to be found on the bed or couch. As usual.

Mind you, there are moments of excitement, if by excitement you understand that I mean Carlos ventures out of the bedroom and George leaps upon him. George clearly understands my tone when I warn him not to, as I say his name or "no" or "be good"--he just doesn't want to pass up the fun.

I realized today what he reminds me of, as he listens to me, holds back briefly, then jumps in. Remember that song by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (Will Smith as was), the '80s classic "Parents Just Don't Understand"? He's singing about borrowing his parents' Porsche while they're off on vacation, and,
Well, maybe I shouldn't
Yeah, of course I should
That's George: she doesn't want me to, hmm, I guess I won't, oh but come on, it's fun, PLAY!

Anyway, it sure was nice to be warm enough to concentrate.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad I can't invite George over while The Cat is bouncing off the walls--they might have fun chasing each other. Right now all she chases is her tail!

    I'm glad your cats are mellow while you are working. (They have a routine, you know, even if it makes no sense to us!) Sometimes four paws land on my keyboard and all the menus disappear from my browser.

    ReplyDelete