Sunday, December 30, 2012

In Place of the Trip Tale (for now)

I'm working on a post about the trip, but it's taking longer than I hoped to, and I want to get to bed at a decent hour. So let me finish it tomorrow night or Tuesday, and for now, I'll leave you with this:
Four years ago was the last time we were in Florida for Christmas. My mother got a wreath, which scented the whole condo wonderfully, and in fact after we left, when it started to go brown, it still smelled good. So my mother hung it up in the garage, where she could smell the good scent and not be bothered by falling needles.

Four years later, if you lean in, you can still smell Christmas. What kind of witchcraft is that?

1 comment:

  1. Kinda like how if you vacuum up the pine needles, for as long as you have that particular bag in your vacuum, you'll always smell pine when you vacuum. I like that!

    ReplyDelete