Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Really Nice Day

I slept decadently late today, ate junk food, read a book. I've been knitting and watching TV, I vacuumed the living room rug, and I'm finishing up laundry. The Bruins could win tonight and make it practically* perfect, is what I'm saying.

*An actually perfect day would not include laundry, vacuuming, or cleaning up cat vomit. But really, it was a pretty perfect day.

Before my headache struck Saturday evening, I went out, and did some old-book shopping, as you know I love to do. Here are some things I did NOT get.

The title on the cover of one book was illegible, so I opened it up:


I regret that I didn't look at the date, to see when it was "modern", but it did still have its calendar wheel for calculations, so I'm guessing not too recent.


I didn't pick up the Treasury of Snake Lore at all. Shudder.

French Girls Are Vicious?

Terror Trail? Bomba the Jungle Boy?

I admit to some curiosity as to what Margy's queer inheritance could have been. And is it my imagination that these days, book spines don't usually have a word break over two lines?

Because clearly it used to be acceptable, but it startles me to see.

I'll show you what I did get another time. Have to keep an eye on those Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment