Friday, November 04, 2011

Rambling thoughts on a Friday night (past bedtime)

I want to talk about knitting, but other than the sock-in-progress (which you have seen over and over, and which is now approaching the toe of sock two [or the two of sock toe? sorry, it's getting late and apparently my mind went to bed without me {not that that will stop me from writing}])*, I am working on secret knitting. Sssshhhhh! Secret! Two secret projects on the needles, both going swimmingly, and the possibility of a third after they're done. Oh, and I can tell you I'm making my grandmother's cat another catnip mouse for Christmas. That secret is safe here, as she doesn't read my blog; well, neither Grandma nor the cat. Actually, I doubt she gets the concept of blogging at all. Some days I don't either. Technology is so generational, isn't it?

*I didn't go into the parentheses thinking about completing a triple, but can I tell you how happy I am with it? Yeah, it's silly, but see: late, tired.

So! I will spill enough beans to tell you that if you're on Ravelry, none of the secret knitting is for you (sorry!), so I am updating the projects there. I need to get pictures this weekend and put them up, but at least you can get a hint.

In other news, I spent part of this evening moving some furniture around, so before-and-after pictures are to come. I moved a small bookcase into the bedroom to use for knitting books and storage, and switched the futon, which was in the "office", with one of the love seats in the living room. Some things would be much easier to do with another person, but rawr, I did it myself. Now I need to take more ibuprofen for my shoulder and hands, but it's worth it.

My shoulder was bothering me before, so the furniture-moving wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I have learned to grab momentum when I have it. I don't know what I did to my shoulder: it started bugging me a month or 6 weeks ago, was achy and annoying for a while, then the pain went away. This week, again for no discernible reason, it's back. Oh, yeah, I love getting older. Sneezing and runny nose from the allergies (still! even after the freeze and snow!), aching hands from the arthritis, sore spot on my foot that I need to go back to the doctor for, and now an aching shoulder.

One year ago, I had just returned from Florida:


And I was starting the second temp job of the year. Seems like longer ago than that. Also, it's time I got down there again! Rambling thoughts on a Friday night past bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Parenthetical Power!

    You are just knitting up a storm. Take care of that shoulder. :)

    ReplyDelete