Thursday, November 17, 2011

Quickly, A Stripe Story

Keeping it brief again tonight, as I have an exciting new book fresh from the library AND a Bruins game tonight, but this is something I had to share with you all. After I shut the computer down last night, I started to get ready for bed. Putter, putter, here and there, and oh let me try on the socks I got at Kohl's (yes, I bought socks! but they're over-the-knee socks, I wanted to try them). I sat down and pulled off one of my new socks, which were on their maiden voyage yesterday. (I spent part of a meeting yesterday admiring my feet surreptitiously.) I pulled the sock off ... and burst out laughing. Why?

Well, when you didn't notice any dye transfer while knitting, you don't expect the yarn to bleed, but that doesn't mean it won't. And if the yarn in question is striped, you see this:


Striped feet! I could not stop laughing. You see where it came from.


Anything for a laugh, eh? I wonder how blue the water will turn when I wash them?

Also, just for some random, I found myself driving behind a schizophrenic yesterday. I noticed the Bruins plate first, and smiled, but then I saw what was at the top of the window.


How can you be a fan of the Bruins and the Red Wings at the same time? Unless it's two different people ... I had a friend who was a NASCAR fan, Dale Earnhardt variety, and her race-going friend was a Jeff Gordon fan. You can imagine those two stickers on the same car confusing others.

Got to go!

2 comments:

  1. Stripes! I guess now you know what it's like to be a tabby cat.

    That car with the conflicting fan paraphernalia probably belongs to a "mixed marriage." Kinda like how my SIL still roots for the Patriots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete