Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Night Needs Cheering

Oh, hi! Is it really Sunday night again so soon?

Friday night I was wiped out. I watched some TV (TCM showed me Midnight, with Claudette Colbert, which was great fun; I love the old comedies), and then I went to bed.

Yesterday was funny in that I inadvertently got some exercise. I did some used-bookstore shopping, and in order to look at the lower shelves, I was doing a lot of squats; then I came home and did 8 loads of laundry, which means 24 flights of stairs, half of them carrying laundry. Am I feeling my legs today! Whew.

The book-looking was fun, though, even at the price. It's a small chain of used bookstores, and I like the "vintage" section the best. (If you're local and feel the same, don't bother with the Saugus location, it hasn't any: very disappointing!) I've found fun things for myself and for oddball gifts for others, as well as the fun titles I don't buy (and in some cases am afraid even to open).




Yes, this is my idea of a good time: to peruse the old books and come home with a century-old novel (or two) that makes peaceful reading.

Fortunately for my legs, my plans today were not strenuous. Mainly, I was at a friend's party this afternoon, which the weather dampened but did not spoil. The rain's starting up again for real now, and it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. We had a lot of rain early last week before things got sunny, but apparently we're not done. August's weather is not living up to its reputation this year: not hot enough, and too wet. It saddens me to see the days growing shorter, and I need summer weather to compensate. Heavy rain and 71 degrees (tomorrow's forecast) is insufficient to my needs.

You can tell I have a slight headache, can't you?

Let's do a funny-shirts-on-vacation review, shall we, and lighten the mood?

Well, mostly shirts. There's a sign, too.


I have two different Bruins Cup shirts from this year already ... but I like this one, too!








We had ice cream more than once, but didn't get to this one. Next time!
Well, I'm smiling now! Hope you are, too.

3 comments:

  1. Moose-chevious, I love it!!!
    I hope your headache goes away quickly, this weather is fine with me until it interferes with my plans. Which is pretty much every day until the kids go back to school, sigh.
    But on the bright side the early apples are ready and it's almost time for all the fun autumn stuff. You should come toss hay bales with me this year. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those books! That's definitely my idea of a good time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See? Looking at books is a great workout! Those stores look fun. (Some scary titles, though.)

    Love the Fisherman's Wharf Kliban cat tee the most!

    ReplyDelete