Monday, August 22, 2011

The Maine Event, Pt II

The bad news this morning was that I had to be up and presentable a bit earlier than usual, and I had to write a check for $150.

The good news is that the plumber was willing to come at 7AM, my bathroom sink is once again fully functional, and the clog was not the result of anything stupid that I did, nor could it have been prevented or fixed by any action of mine (short of never using the sink, anyway). The plumber had to use his power snake! No wonder the Drano had no effect. Welcome back, sink.

**********

Back to Maine! (Did you see Part I?)

In an antique store, I finally got to see what a dictaphone looked like.

As well as this rather disturbing fellow.

It had rained overnight, as you can see.




On the prowl for the sunset that night.

The view was amazing ... but a little close for my comfort.

Trust me, I didn't get that close to the edge.

A lovely twilight fell.




Next day we were back at Acadia National Park.





There is apparently more than one way to spell Bar Harbor.


Overcast the next day (we were so lucky in the weather), but still so pretty.






That Maine sense of humor. This is yard decor. Apparently.







Good-bye, Maine! It was great! Hope to see you again! Not counting this weekend, when I drive through on the way to Canada!

Yes, my mother and I are finally heading back to PEI. We've been five times altogether, dating back to 1985, but haven't been since 1999, so we're super-excited to go back. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo. That quilt (flag?) is gorgeous. I may have to attempt something like that.

    Maine is one of those places I would seriously consider moving to. How friendly are the locals? Maine is one of those places that tend to have the reputation of stand-offishness with the people. I just wonder how true that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be the month for fixing sinks--glad it didn't take too much to fix it!

    I totally cracked up at the cow manure fertilizer--"Udderly the best"! Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete