Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Maine Event, Pt I

Though I've been blogging about my recent trip in fits and starts, there's so much I haven't shown here. I finally flipped through the hundreds of photos I took in Maine, and cut the number I wanted to post down ... to 75. So let's call this part one, shall we? Enough is as good as a feast. I'll try to continue this tomorrow (I've learned not to promise, but I'll try).

In roughly chronological order ... away we go!

On the road.

I really want to see the layout inside this house. So unusual from the outside!

An actual working harbor.

What are these?

Ahh.

Just lovely.

Ever seen a bike tour before it starts?



I thought this was two boats, at first, but it's one with two sails.



Pucker up!

We named this enormous billboard Captain George. This is the ground's-eye view.

In the window of an antique store (unfortunately closed at the time): knitting needles!




We were sunset hunting, and there it was, reflected.






The view from the top of the mountain at Acadia was amazing.


There was cloud cover over the water, and it caught on the little islands in the most interesting way.

These people had the right idea about how to enjoy the view in comfort.

Jordan Pond

More clouds coming in.






Not your typical beach day.

And a few things I got while I was there.

This was actually quite good.


A small balsam pillow. Pretty and smells divine!

The back looks like a sky full of clouds.

The way they say Bar Harbor. And for a six dollar t-shirt, it's really nice!

I also bought this great knitting bag at the farmer's market. So well made, and I love the fabric. One pocket on the outside:

And more pockets inside (soda can for scale).

Plus, when I first picked up a different bag and was talking to the woman about using it for knitting projects, she promptly steered me to this one, which has a magnetic snap instead of a zipper, so the yarn won't catch. She's not a knitter herself, but she knows one who advised her. Nice!

2 comments:

  1. You seem to have caught a lot of wonderful weather in Maine. And a lot of gorgeous photos! DHs family has a small cabin on Spruce Head Island we sometimes get to stay at, so I recognize some of the views and flora (if not the names of them). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the nature shots; I have always wanted to see Maine.

    (Also: "Baa Ha-baa"? Hahahahaha!)

    ReplyDelete