Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Some Random, Mostly Hockey

So. Ahem.

Woo-hoo!

Excuse me. I'm coasting today on not enough sleep*, and I need to summon the adrenaline before I crash right here. Bruins! Game 7! Last game of the season, for all the marbles, is tomorrow. Ahhh. Go Bruins.

*Oh, I'm so tired. It's so worth it, but I'm so tired.

Yes, the game was good last night. I was nervous at the start, of course, and there were a few minutes at the beginning of the third period where I might have been shouting, "Move your feet!" but overall, that was very satisfying.

I would like to add that although I was not sorry to see Roberto Luongo chased from goal, I could have done without the constant Luongo-on-the-bench camera coverage. Enough already. Find a happy face. Replay Horton waving at the crowd. Or Milt Schmidt, getting the crowd going before the puck dropped. Or any of the current Bruins, for that matter: lots of smiles there. I was listening to the radio, so I don't know what the TV guys were saying about Luongo, but they sure were showing him a lot.

Other snippets:
  • Tim Thomas has now allowed eight goals in six games in the finals. That's really good. It's also the same amount that Roberto Luongo allowed ... in game 3. Heh.
  • A good headline for a Brad Marchand story, after the happy little pest* broke a franchise playoff scoring record last night: "Marchand's been a broken record in postseason".
  • Hey, I totally understand that the hockey bloggers aren't heavily proofing what goes online. Mistakes are made. I get it. But saying that Bobby Orr "waived" a Nathan Horton banner before game 4 is just wrong. Yeesh.
*Pest is one appellation he's earned. Another is the one he used himself: rat. If he's playing for your team, you love him.

Whatever happens tomorrow night, it's the end of the season. The playoffs started two months ago, and it's going to be weird not to have them any more.

**********
I got my sweater close to done last night, and decided to try it on again before deciding if I need one more repeat, or if his length is good. I don't want to rush it because I'm excited to finish, and then wish I'd made it an inch longer. Still, I am excited to finish, there's no denying it.

**********
Unclear on the Concept
I called my doctor's office at lunch to leave them a message. They have a whole complex voice-mail system with different areas for referral requests, prescription refills, appointments, etc.

Except that I got the answering service instead, because the office was at lunch. In order to get the machine, I had to call back when someone was in the office.

They're not thinking clearly here.

**********
After I mentioned last Friday my ecstasy that fresh pea season was finally here, I did indeed go back on Saturday for more. I raked enough into my bag, okay two bags, that a woman who was there, with her daughter, picking individual pods, jokingly asked who was going to do the shucking for me.

Me. All me. I bought four pounds of peas on Saturday, which is roughly a pound and a half once the pods are off. Yum.

And then I went back again today. They're not quite as perfection-incarnate as they were, but they're still damned good. I don't have to go every day ... but twice is a week isn't so much, during this short and treasured season.

Maybe three times a week.

1 comment:

  1. You must be WOO-HOO-ing all day today. :)

    Boy, fresh peas, Stanley Cup for your team. . . I think you could ask for just about anything right now and you'd get it. (I dare you!)

    ReplyDelete