Friday, June 17, 2011

Of Cup-Commemorating Loot

I tried two different stores after work yesterday to get a Bruins Stanley Cup t-shirt, but neither had very many styles in stock, and those in only a few sizes--which I know is like complaining that a restaurant has bad food "and the portions are so small," but I just mean to indicate that there wasn't much there. I could go to the Pro Shop tomorrow before or after the parade, but honestly that might not be a good choice for a person with minor claustrophobia issues, you know? The crowding of the parade may very well be as much as I can take.

So I went to a store at lunch, in hopes of scoring one of the shirts I liked in their ad in the Globe this morning. The one I really wanted was the gold one, and they were out of it: I asked, and was told that they'd gotten them in twice and sold out twice. (I'm not giving up on finding it, but I'm not holding out for it and it alone, either.) I also liked a gray one in the ad, but seen in person it was flimsy material and very faded print, making it look ten years old. I don't mind the "distressed" look generally, but they won this thing on Wednesday, it would be nice to be able to read the shirt on Saturday. So, no.

I looked at the other options, and decided I liked this black one just fine:


And what else is that in the photo? Why, it's a Tervis Tumbler for the Stanley Cup Champions! I was delighted. Wasn't expecting it, but they're great glasses, and what could be better than that logo? Not a bad haul, altogether.


There's also a new NHL commercial for the occasion:



Isn't that nice? (Humor me, just say yes. There's no quiz involved.)

Parade, parade, parade, parade.

1 comment:

  1. It's all those odd styles that tempt you to get knockoff stuff. (I said tempt! I can't condone copyright infringement.)

    That was a commercial? It was six minutes of pretty good highlights and I liked watching them receive the Cup.

    ReplyDelete