Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Walking down Comm. Ave

You never know what you'll see, looking around the Back Bay, and I've said it before, don't forget to look UP:


To see who has the real views. Also down, and under, and into.

Would you chose a lion to be over your door?

Pillars? Or are they more properly columns?

Even more so!

I want to see this one from the inside, to see how that little window works.

You really must go the website on this sign:

To see what THIS looks like inside. My mind boggled; did yours? What do you think it costs?

Simple, classic.

The crest over the window.

See the tilework here...

...and here?

They're not all Brahmins on Commonwealth Ave.

At least, I don't think the Krishna followers are Brahmins.

In general, I just like its style. It makes me think of words whose meanings I've lost, finial and pilaster and corinth.

Thus endeth the tour for today. We hope you enjoyed the show.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously they have no cats so who needs it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely got my money's worth on the 50-cent tour! I did go to 128Comm's website--WOW. I think my entire apartment would fit in the dining room. Those views are amazing!

    The brochure says the price is $10.5M which is a little out of my price range. ;)

    ReplyDelete