Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Laundry Night Leads to a Game

I'm doing laundry tonight. I usually try to get it done on the weekends, when time isn't so short (hopefully) and bedtime isn't looming over me.

This last weekend? Well, I didn't get to it on Saturday, which is not uncommon for me.

Didn't get a round tuit...

Sunday morning I thought I'd wait until after I went to the store. When I got home, Carlos allowed as how he'd like a lap, and since I usually have to offer and coax him, I was delighted to sit down and provide a lap. He slept there for about an hour and a half, the sweetie, twitching paws and all.

I then went on with my afternoon, and at 9:45, as I was getting into bed, I realized with much surprise that I hadn't done the laundry. I sometimes will put it off ... but forget completely? Not usually.

Fortunately, I have more than a week's worth of work- and weather-appropriate clothing. Not much more, though, so tonight's the night. Oh joy, oh rapture.

Anyway, no long rambling here tonight (you: crushed), but let's play a little game, shall we? BoingBoing posted a little tidbit recently, featuring this photo:


If you were going to continue with the series, what would your note say? How would you continue the passive-aggression?

I'll start. Mine would say, "To the first writer: please refrain from exclamation point overuse. To the Second writer, Please don't use Random Capital Letters."

And you?

2 comments:

  1. Nope. You seem to have it covered! Of course, it's 11:43 PM and my brain is fried, but I still think you have it covered. Maybe colored ink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the cat coma. Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I don't even realize the cat has jumped into my lap--I just look down and there she is.

    P-A sign to sign #1: Signs are not for shouting.

    P-A sign to sign #2: Font intolerance does nothing for our company's image.

    ReplyDelete