Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Notes on cats, food/exercise, and Fios

Cat update first. Breaking news: he's cute!


Okay, it's not breaking news, but honestly, he is so cute. And sweet. And relaxed! I can bump into something and it doesn't send him quivering into the ceiling. All so new.

For that matter, as he was jumping up onto the window perch tonight, he bumped the bowl of crunchies with his paw, scattering them with a clatter. It didn't bother him a bit, but I heard her fleeing the kitchen from the terrible noise.

When I came home tonight, they both came along to see what was happening. I bent over and petted one cat with each hand, and they were fine with the proximity. Baby steps.

***************************
I've been trying to ride the exercise bike more often, even if it's just 5 minutes a night. It's funny how 5 minutes is only painful some nights, and pure torture others! Last night it just about killed me, while one night last week I managed it okay, and even did another 2 minutes later the same night without hating it as much as I did last night. Weird.

And my hamstrings* are sore**, which is annoying too. But, I've lost a few of those pesky pounds, so I am motivated to keep it up, along with the eating plan (you know, the one that makes me stop and think before I put every single edible thing I see in my mouth).

*I had to ask Google what the name is of the muscle on the back of the thigh. I knew quadriceps are the front, but was blanking on the back. And it could be more than those, but somewhere in the neighborhood is some pain.
**Ow.

I find that I do better with the food aspect on weekdays, when I have a regular schedule, while on weekends when I don't have a timetable my eating is harder to make regular and controlled.

And another thing I noticed is that sometimes, it's easier to stop myself having the first Heath bar than it is to stop after one. How's that for helpful advice? Sorry.

***************************
I signed up for Fios on Sunday, and each day since then I've had a little here-we-come e-mail from Verizon. The part that concerns me is that they refer to the installation process at taking either "4-6 hours" or "4-8 hours". That's kind of a big difference, and a long time either way. (Does it include a break for lunch, or is that extra time?) I hope I like the installation person, since it seems he or she will be there for quite a while.

I seem to be having an imagination failure, but I truly can't imagine what he or she will have to DO that takes so long.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on riding your bike, I hope you don't pull anything else.

    ReplyDelete