Friday, November 27, 2009

Tonight with Miri

After Harold died, I worried about how Miri would handle being an only cat. She loved him, followed him around, cuddled up to him whether he wanted or not, and if she lost track of him, would wander around meowing until she found him again. Could she handle being without him?

She's actually doing pretty well so far (though of course, it's early days yet). She definitely comes to me more for attention, and though she's still skittish at times, she seems to be relaxing more about my movements at least some of the time.

Sometimes, she still wanders around meowing, though. That's hard to hear.

We had ourselves a little photo shoot tonight.

Who disturbs me?

Oh, it's you.

Whatever.

Even without the flash, this is disturbing.

You're not going away, are you?

Well...

I know what I can do...

5 comments:

  1. Awwww. For a minute there, I thought she was going to go "Sean Penn" on you. (Whew.)

    Her coat is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I feel so insensitive for leaving the "happy thanksgiving to you and your kitties" comment. I was catching up with my reader and hadn't gotten around to the bad news.
    I am so, so sorry for your loss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She may turn into a lap cat if left an only cat long enough. You'll have to consider getting her a companion (and that *will* be traumatic for all three of you). Unfortunately, some fur children are more difficult than others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miri is a beauty!

    Good thoughts for you and the miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear Miri is doing pretty well (I think I'd be walking around mewing for Harold, too - I'm so, so sorry you lost him...). I agree with Leslie that she could develop a lap cat yet :)

    ReplyDelete