Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Oy. Enough with the Sick already

Yeah, still sick. Day Four (and that's not counting Friday, when I had a slight sore throat but otherwise felt fine).

Shall we review my major accomplishments of the last 4 days?
  • ran the dishwasher on Sunday
  • went to the grocery store on Sunday!
  • emptied the dishwasher, on Monday
  • went to work for about an hour Monday, to put together some month-end metrics
Today? Uh... I think my biggest accomplishment was when I realized someone could market a great service to sick people who live alone: they come in, cook something, wash your dishes, get you some juice, and leave. I mean, if you don't have family nearby, and don't want your friends to see you like this, not to mention don't want to get them sick, why not hire someone? I don't even mind if they wear a mask, or a biohazard suit for that matter. Bonus if they clean the litter boxes. Considering the effort it was to boil water for pasta, I would pay someone to do that for me, while I stayed on the couch or in bed.

This is getting old, though.

3 comments: