Saturday, November 28, 2009

More Miri

Yes, you think you know a cat ... and then you learn you didn't.

Yes, Miri is adapting to Harold's loss. I still don't know how things will work out, but I am optimistic. Since I certainly don't want to get another cat yet (maybe in six months, or a year), it is comforting to see that Miri will take some companionship from me. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right, little girl? Any old port in a storm?

She relaxed even more last night. If I could have seen these photos two weeks ago, I would not have believed them.





You guys are right, she may turn into a lap cat after all. How funny is that? It's okay if she doesn't, but still, how funny?

I hope I'm making some kind of sense tonight, but I'm not sure. I went to a party that turned out to be bigger than I had thought it would be, and I feel kind of like I was standing next to a gong that got hit. For three hours. Good friends, cute kids, great food, but, well, maybe more like this:

3 comments:

  1. Miri is so gorgeous -- and she really needs/wants love. Obviously she and Harold were star crossed lovers and you'll just have to take up the slack. It stinks being second choice, doesn't it? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three hours? Seriously??? Did you feel like you were inside an echo once you left the party? I am glad you got out for a bit and delighted to see how Miri is opening up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh yeah. My cat has turned into a lap cat as well. The two (slightly cynical) phrases my mom uses about cats are "Any port in a storm," and "Hope springs eternal." The second one applies when they are waiting around the kitchen for dinner. An hour in advance.

    That was one sensory-overload kinda party. Makes a person grateful for porches. And, you know, saying goodnight. . .

    ReplyDelete