Monday, June 01, 2009

Discombobulated

I'm in low spirits tonight, and I'm not sure why. I felt kind of out of sync at stitch and bitch, but I'm not sure if that's the cause, or the effect. Am I making sense?

Tonight was only the second time I've made it to SnB in about the last two months. I was away for Easter ... Bruins playoff game ... just got home after Dad died ... went and felt weird ... back in FL ... just home and at the dentist ... Memorial Day ... and tonight. I guess it would only be natural for it not to feel, well, natural again yet.

Then, after spending six months working on the same two projects and virtually nothing else, it still seems strange not to have a big project going. I have been knitting, I'll get around to blogging things one of these days, but there's a sort of whiplash effect from the transition.

I did have a good time. The group was large, some new people came, it was a friendly atmosphere, but I just felt ... dissociated.

Now I'm home, and one of my blankety-blank-blank neighbors is cooking something that smells FABULOUS. Yes, it requires all caps. I want to kill them, and then eat it all myself. I'm not even certain what it is, but I don't care. It could be barbecued possum and if it smells like that, lay a place for me.

*I saw what I think was a possum, crossing the street as I drove home from babysitting last night. It sure wasn't a cat, is all I can say for certain. The tail looked possum-y. I've never eaten possum, never even been offered, and I imagine it would be gamey and nasty, though of course I could be wrong.

Instead, should I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Perhaps I will. With a Coke, which always reminds me of visiting my Aunt Pearl when I was a kid. There was always Pepsi freely available. And Snickers bars. Oh, and unconditional love, but see what I remember.

Oh, that smells so good. Argh.

2 comments:

  1. POSSUM??? Oh, you HAVE been to Pennsylvania!!! LOLOLOLOL

    JLKB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it will be up and down for a while. Just take good care of yourself during the down bits, okay?

    Love you, jdj

    ReplyDelete